PAWS Foster Parents are an indispensible group of volunteers who make it possible for us to maintain no-kill status. Foster parents provide a loving home for pets in need and open kennel space for another homeless animal to find refuge.
Download Foster Application HERE.
- Fast-Track Foster – Fast-track foster parents are committed to finding a permanent home for the foster animal in their care. They agree to promote and market the dog or cat in order to find a permanent adoptive home. Fast-track foster parents are required to bring their fostered pet to adoption events, promote the animal on social media sites such as Facebook, take up-to-date photos and, regularly update PAWS on the animal’s condition in the foster home.
- Foster-to-Adopt – The foster-to-adopt option is for approved adopters only. Some adopters are given a two-week period of time to confirm the pet they are choosing to adopt is the best fit for their family. Not all dogs and cats are available for the foster-to-adopt program.
- Medical Foster – Medical fosters are typically short-term foster opportunities. Medical foster parents are responsible for helping the pet through a current medical condition. The length of time fostering an animal in need of medical support depends on the specific medical condition. PAWS medical staff will provide needed care and medications. The medical foster parent is required to assure medicates and/or therapy are given as directed and for transporting the animal to-from PAWS for required medical care visits.
- Fospice Foster – PAWS fospice foster parents support their foster pet through the end stages of his/her life.
PAWS foster parent requirements:
- 21 years or older
- Approved adoption application (click here for application)
- Have reliable transportation
- Commit to assuring the fostered pet receives monthly heartworm/flea preventative, as well as any medical attention necessary